FORD MUSTANG S550 LIGHTWEIGHT STEERING COLUMN
IDIDIT Performance releases the Pro-Fab Lightweight Steering Column for 2015-Current Ford Mustang applications.
IDIDIT has released an Ultra-lightweight race column for the 2015-Current Ford Mustang S550. The column weighs as little as 5.75 lbs*, yielding a 16 lb weight savings from the factory column. The column easily replaces a factory column using the factory mounting points and factory steering shaft.
“The S550 Pro-Fab column for 2015-Current Mustangs is super-light with ball bearings and a billet aluminum bearing retainer, it’s a higher quality part than anything available on the market,” said Trever Cornwell of IDIDIT. “It bolts directly in place of the factory column using factory mounts, resulting in extremely rigid and smooth steering.” The IDIDIT Performance Pro-Fab column comes with bracketry and trim plates that allow a stock appearance in addition to trimming weight.
With the addition of this latest Pro Fab Mustang column, the line now includes columns for Mustangs from 1979 to current model year. This steering column is proudly manufactured in the U.S.A. and has the following features and benefits:
- 16 lb weight saving compared to factory column
- Ball bearing upper support with CNC machined billet aluminum bearing cup
- CNC Laser cut brackets and fully TIG welded construction
- CNC machined lower bushing for long life
- Extended shaft which allows the installer to trim to fit for steering wheel placement and driver comfort
- Accessories included to retain factory steering column trim
- Attractive brushed aluminum finish
- Direct bolt in requires no modification to the vehicle for installation
- Engineered to work with IDIDIT Performance SFI approved quick release steering hubs and digital dash mounts
IDIDIT Performance also makes aluminum mounts for Aftermarket Dashes from Racepak, AEM, FuelTech USA, Holley Performance Products, AIM Tech and others.